At least 54 people killed in bomb blasts in Nigeria’s Maiduguri

- Published: 23 September 2015
At least 54 people killed in bomb blasts in Nigeria’s Maiduguri

Boko Haram has been fighting for six years to set up a state adhering to strict Islamic laws and at the start of 2015 controlled vast swathes of territory across three states in northeast Nigeria. “Later we came back to help, we evacuated 16 dead bodies to the general hospital in Monguno and 28 injured”, said Bukar Lawal, a resident of the town who was near the first blast.

The city had been free from such attacks for about a month when the bombs went off on Sunday evening. In the last five months alone, attacks have forced thousands from their homes. “If theyhad managed to enter the market, the death toll would have been heavier because the place was frequented by many peoplefrom NigeriaChad and Cameroon”.

“Each for these children playing for his or her existence serves as a early on trim short”, said Unicef’s county executive for West and Central Africa, Manuel Fontaine.

Due to the ongoing offensive action by the military, another group of 77 people rescued recently arrived in Bama Town on Saturday.

“Many more died and were just taken away by their loved ones”. “They are now combing all known terrorist enclaves within the Bama, Banki and Pulka areas”.

Reuters could not independently verify the authenticity of the audio message.

Sani Usman, milatary spokesman said the blasts, that residents believed could have been aimed to distract security forces to allow anattack on the city, “signify (a) high level of desperation on the part of the Boko Haram terrorists”.

Buhari, you are yet to finish spending Obama’s money”, he said.

“We are alive, I am alive, this is my voice, more audible than it was before”.

Extremists detonated three explosive devices in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, in Nigeria’s north-east.

Source: bulletinleader.com